Avid bloggers Vanessa over at The Movie Ness, Steph at The Flick Chick and The Mad Hatter, kind and obliging souls that they are, have seen fit to present me with Kreativ Blogger awards. So without making this sound too “I’d like to thank the Academy, my dog and the Lord Almighty”-ish, let me say thank you, Vanessa, Steph and MH, for reading what I’ve lovingly dubbed my “movie scribbles” and finding something interesting and worthwhile in them. I’ll extend the same appreciation to all the readers who keep dropping in, reading and offering your always insightful comments, which more often than not provide me with fresh ways to think about my favorite (and most hated) films.
Now, on to the rules of the award. They are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate seven Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
In accordance with KB code, I offer up seven interesting (*crosses fingers behind back*) factoids about M. Carter @ the Movies:
1. At two separate points in my life, men have proposed to me solely because I can sing all the words to “The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin” from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
2. Even though I’m a middle-class (at best) white woman who considers herself something of a feminist, I really like gangsta rap (particularly Notorious B.I.G.).
3. Once I had my breasts autographed by the world’s premier Country/Western Vampire Troubador.
4. Though I still don’t like clowns, “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” helped cure my fear (fun fact: that’s called “coulrophobia”) of them.
5. I have to watch Food Network when I work out. Go figure.
6. Flying is one of my favorite things to do, and I love navigating new airports, changing planes, the teensy seats — the whole bit.
7. I have a B.A. and an M.A. in English, but I hate Shakespeare. That’s blasphemy for an English major, but I said it. The only things he wrote worth anything to me are his history plays.
And here’s a shoutout to seven blogs I can’t wait to read every time I log on to the Interweb:
1. Cut the Crap Move Reviews — Nobody breaks it down quite as wittily as Aiden R., who always buries intelligent insights amongst all the humor.
2. Movie Mobsters — Heather’s labor of love is one of the coolest-looking review blogs out there, not to mention the fact that she and her crack team post fantastic lists, concise reviews and loads of inventive content.
3. Not Just Movies — Jake consistently blows my mind with his amazingly well-written, astute reviews and the wide variety of films he chooses.
4. The Film Reel — Will’s funny, perceptive blog Film Reel has become my go-to source for all things horror, and more than once he’s encouraged me to give the genre (not one I’ve favored) a go.
5. The Robot Who Likes Pretty Things — I can’t think of another blogger who reviews a wider variety of films (this guy watches everything, and I mean everything) with more candor. Come for the writing, stay for the “lessons learned” … always priceless.
6. 1000 Movies I Must Comment On Before I Die — Edward has undertaken a massive project — reviewing all the films listed in the book of the same name — with energy and heart, and we should support him.
7. FlixChatter — This site, written and maintained by Ruth, is a veritable font of up-to-the-minute movie news, thoughtful musings, great lists and cool movie trivia.