because today is the 38th birthday of none other than my very favorite professional teabagger — I mean chameleon! — er, actor — Sacha Baron Cohen!
(The fact that it’s also the day Marie Osmond was born? Pay no attention to that. Besides, if we celebrate her birthday it might make her attempt to smile. Then her face will shatter. And I don’t know about you, but I don’t want that on my conscience.)
In honor of this day, take a moment to conjure your favorite memories of Mr. Cohen’s on-screen antics. Here are mine (this is SBC, so do I really have to warn you there’s offensive material in these clips?):
10. Ali G’s interview with Andy Rooney, who’s meaner than Bill Munney and Little Bill Daggett put together.
9. Bruno gets his frat on.
8. Borat learns how to defend against the dreaded “Jew claw.”
7. Aldofo Pirelli: Too sexy for his shaving cream, but not too sexy to lose a fight with Johnny Depp’s razor.
6. Da Ali G takes on the world of dangerous drugs. Respek.
5. Jean Girard turns Ricky Bobby into a frightened baby chipmunk. Who loves crepes.
4. Borat learns a harsh American truth: Women get to choose their sex partners. Is crazy.
3. Ali G talks feminism with Naomi Wolf. Booyakasha.
2. Whatcha gonna do when the Fashion Polizei come for you? Praise Paris Hilton, that’s what.
1. Sacha Baron Cohen is the funniest man alive. We must encourage him. Here’s why.
On this cheerful day, I feel almost certain that the rise of house music and the fall of apartheid? Not a coincidence.